Our Upcoming Events
May 11, 2023
The Complexity Co-Occuring Disorders
Link to register https://namiba.org
Our Past Presentations
Bipolar Disorder: Integrative Treatment Strategies for Lasting Recovery and Stabilization
This presentation was given in all the below locations:
Do you suspect a client may have Bipolar Disorder but feel overwhelmed by the complexity of their clinical presentation? Are you exhausted from chasing your client’s mood and trying to get out in front of the next crisis? Does your client display recurrent mood swings, poor treatment compliance and unpredictable, dangerous impulsivity?
If you’re looking for a clear, comprehensive approach to treating this vulnerable and high risk population, this training is for you!
Attend this seminar to discover an integrative approach that goes beyond treating a single mood state and crisis intervention. You’ll learn innovative, non-medication approaches that combine the most promising researched-based theories into a cohesive treatment guideline to help your clients achieve long-term stabilization.
Packed with tools, tips and handouts, this evidence based, integrative approach will leave your clinical toolbox overflowing with practical interventions, including how to:
- Confidently diagnose Bipolar Disorder and differentiate it from similar disorders
- Identify prodromal symptoms and patterns that precede mood lability
- Motivate your clients to make necessary lifestyle changes for stabilization
- Significantly decrease destructive behavior, including self-harm and suicide
- Create custom, realistic treatment plans that cater to your client’s strengths
Go beyond “supportive therapy” to help your clients regain control of their mood and, ultimately, their lives. Sign up today!
Monday, April 6, 2020 at 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Embassy Suites Chicago-Schaumburg/Woodfield
1939 N Meacham Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
For more info and registration please click here.
Demystifying Bipolar Disorder
Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with bipolar disorder? Or you suspect may have a mood disorder, but you are not sure?
Join us, as psychotherapist Catherine Ness shares her expertise on Bipolar and Mood Dsyregulation.
– Acquire effective strategies to facilitate long term stability
– Gain a deeper understanding of how Bipolar symptoms manifest
– Better understand the overall prognosis and why there is good reason for hope
– Learn the difference between moodiness and a mood disorder
– Hear tips for encouraging, empowering and supporting loved ones
Wednesday, July 24th 7:00 – 8:30pm
Barrington Area Library
505 N. Northwest Highway, Barrington IL
Clients with Bipolar Disorder
SOLD OUT! Innovative and Integrative Approach to Treating
Aug 23, 9:30 am – 11:30 am